Consent and Information Collection and Use
The Polygon may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Website to you and to other users of the Website;
- To improve the quality of the Website and our business through polls, surveys and other similar feedback gathering activities conducted by The Polygon and/or other third parties;
- To create, manage and control your account information, and to verify access rights to the Website;
- To communicate with you, including without limitation for the purpose of providing you with information about the Website, or informing you of changes or additions to the Website, or of the availability of any other services or features The Polygon provides;
- To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns and gauge popularity of different features and service options of the Website;
- To protect against fraud or error, and to respond to claims of any violation of The Polygon’s rights or those of any third parties;
- To respond to your requests for customer service;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, The Polygon, the Website users and the public; and
- As required to comply with applicable laws or as authorized by applicable laws.
In addition, from time to time, The Polygon may disclose or allow access to your personal information outside Canada where it may be subject to the lawful access requirements of the jurisdiction in which it is stored or able to be accessed.
The Polygon may occasionally communicate with you regarding its business, services, news and events. You have the option to not receive this information. The Polygon provides an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or will cease to communicate with you for this purpose if you contact The Polygon to unsubscribe.
Age of Consent
The Polygon does not knowingly collect the personal information from anyone under the age of consent.
Rights to Your Information
You have the right to access and edit your personal information at any time through the web interface provided on the Website.
The Polygon may also use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
Cookies and Log Files
Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
The Polygon will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. The Polygon will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Website. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords and/or any personal information in your possession for the use of the Website. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. The Polygon is not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Website. Similarly, The Polygon cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Website, and you release it from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Website. The Polygon cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release The Polygon from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others.