The Polygon Gallery is looking for Volunteers for our upcoming Summer Season. Our amazing Volunteers are responsible for providing The Polygon’s community of visitors and members with exemplary guest experiences.
Volunteers will be mainly assisting outside on Carrie Cates Deck with our drop-in family programming called Kids First each Sunday.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Providing friendly, knowledgeable guest service experiences to all visitors, wayfinding, including information about current and upcoming exhibitions, educational offerings, and events.
· Art Kit Preparation. Preparations will take place throughout the week in the gallery prior to the event.
· Lifting and loading tables and supplies, including setting up and taking down workstations
· Keeping areas tidy: Families will be making crafts throughout the day and will need to have volunteers ensuring the workstations/ground area are kept tidy.
· Ensuring there are enough materials for families. We will ask that volunteers help retrieve addition art materials from the gallery for the outside program.
· Be available for other positions within the gallery when needed.
Volunteers should have: Experience in family programing, customer service, ideally in a gallery, museum, cultural, tourism, or hospitality environment.
· Available for 8 Sundays starting June 23rd 2022
· Able to lift heavy loads/tables.
· Must be 16 years or older.
Fluency in a second language is highly desirable, especially in French or Farsi.
To apply, please send an email with resume to Rhonda Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All are welcome to apply
We encourage applications from candidates with a broad range of backgrounds, including age, race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, class, and ability.
Photo: Akeem Nermo