The Polygon Gallery is seeking a Buyer to join our Retail team. The successful candidate will be employed as Buyer for the Gallery’s retail program, reporting directly to the Manager, Guest Services & Retail Operations. As Buyer, you are primarily responsible for making purchasing decisions for the Gallery’s Gift Shop. In addition, you will be responsible for merchandising the store, maintaining the online store, and supporting management in training the sales team, while also providing floor coverage periodically.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Conduct outreach to vendors and coordinate wholesale inventory purchases
· Maintain relationships with brands and sales reps
· Coordinate shipment arrivals, including costing, receiving, pricing and merchandizing product mix and monitoring inventory levels and performance
· Track and analyze weekly sales numbers in order to predict future sales and make informed purchasing decisions, and make display decisions that meet and exceed sales objectives
· Perform inventory counts and stock assessments with the Manager, Retail Operations, and assist with markdowns and promotions
· Develop visually engaging displays that are consistently updated with a weekly refresh and monthly flips
· Develop content for the online store as requested by the Manager, Retail Operations
· Process and fulfil orders, and serve as the main point of contact for online store purchases and inquiries
· Liaise with the Manager, Retail Operations to lead and train the store team on product knowledge and visual standards, in order to achieve and exceed sales goals
· Work with frontline staff and management to execute service standards and assist on the sales floor, including developing the frontline sales team, enforcing best practices, and providing constructive feedback
A background in retail sales is required. Must have retail merchandising experience and a successful track record of generating revenue, identifying target audiences, and leading store teams in best practices. Must be aware of design trends and current merchandising standards. Ability to communicate, multitask, and make timely decisions.
This is a regular, salaried position with benefits and vacation after a three-month onboarding period. It is a hybrid position at 24 hours/week from Monday to Wednesday, with a compensation range of $30,000 to $33,000. There is a possibility of 8 additional hours per week, depending on the applicant’s skill set.
Please include cover letter and resume. We thank you for your interest, only selected candidates will be contacted. Applications should be submitted in PDF format and sent to: email@example.com
We invite applicants from diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply