Job Opportunity: Guest Services Supervisor – Maternity Leave Position
We are seeking a 13-month maternity leave replacement for a Guest Services Supervisor. You will be employed as Guest Services Supervisor, reporting directly to the Manager, Guest Services & Retail Operations. As Guest Services Supervisor, you are responsible for scheduling and providing sales floor leadership to the Guest Services staff. You will also maintain the volunteer program and develop the private touring program as a new source of revenue.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Guest Services and Retail Support, under the direction of Manager, Guest Services & Retail Operations
– Overseeing Guest Services staff and serving as the point of contact for customer service inquiries, and providing a cohesive guest experience
– Serving as the first point of contact for Guest Services floor coverage, including last-minute schedule changes
– Creating work schedules for Guest Services staff
– Conducting interviews with candidates, and training new Guest Services staff
– Attending weekly team meetings with administrative staff, and relaying relevant information from these meetings to the Guest Services staff
– Ensuring that the Guest Services staff are kept up to date with information about The Polygon’s exhibitions, education programs, and special events
– Informing the public about the organization’s exhibitions, education programs, events, and retail products
– Supporting Admissions, Membership and Gift Shop goals by encouraging and processing donations and memberships and driving sales
– Conduct daily restock of frontline supplies and keeping the workspace organized
– Troubleshooting basic POS, Blackbaud and Moneris issues
– Overseeing daily operations at the gallery’s frontline, including opening and closing duties
– Reporting on staff growth, training progress and scheduling needs
– Thinking of new audiences to grow the private touring program, including school groups, seniors and tourists
– Coordinate with Curatorial, Guest Services, and Finance to schedule and invoice private tours
-Conducting outreach, training and scheduling and supervision of volunteers for internal events
Previous supervisory experience in a customer facing role preferred.
Your hours of work will be 40 hours each week including at least one weekend day, depending on the needs of the Gallery. You will receive an annual salary of $47,500, to be paid semi-monthly. All compensation will be subject to required statutory deductions. Please note that there is a blackout period for vacation days from December 1st – 31st, and for the annual inventory count in January.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter before March 20, 2023 to Asia Harvey: firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite applicants from diverse communities. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.