The Polygon Gallery is Western Canada’s only public gallery with a mandate to exhibit and disseminate
photography and media art, emphasizing contemporary Canadian work within a context of historical and
international art. In addition to its exhibition program, The Polygon produces publications and offers
public events and art education programs. The Gallery endeavours to offer the community diverse
experiences which enrich viewers with new considerations about the world in which they live.
The Gallery invites applicants for the full-time position of Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Associate
Director and working closely with the curatorial and development departments, the Marketing Manager
will be responsible for the strategic direction of the Gallery’s Marketing and Communications initiatives.
- Development and execution of The Polygon’s marketing plan, and the campaigns promoting its
exhibitions, publications and outreach, including coordination of media and communications.
- Initiation and implementation of cooperative marketing and communications activities with
individuals, groups, cultural and educational community representatives, the media, and tourist
- Oversight of the Gallery’s website and app, including content management and streamlining the
user experience, working closely with the Gallery’s curatorial team.
- Oversight of the Gallery’s social media accounts, working with the Gallery’s curatorial team to
plan the social media calendar, creating content for exhibitions, programs, and supporting
departments; managing social media relationships with visitors, organizations, and influencers;
identifying trends and tracking results of reach and engagement monthly.
- Liaison with multiple stakeholders to help identify and shape key communications messages,
including the development and management of The Polygon’s brand.
- Production and dissemination of press releases related to Gallery programs (i.e. exhibitions,
publications and outreach).
- Management of appropriate SEO and analytics tools.
- Oversight of the Gallery’s web presence on third-party sites (primarily by activating partnerships,
monitoring media coverage, responding to online reviews and creating and tracking event
- Identification of enhancements, and future improvements, to user experience and/or internal
The successful applicant will have a bachelor’s degree in the arts or marketing, with a minimum of 5 years
of experience in the field of marketing and/or communications. Experience with lead social media
platforms, web and application content management, and knowledge of search engine optimization are
definite benefits; confidence in WordPress, Adobe design suite, Google analytics, display and social
advertising, graphic design, image preparation are also considered assets. Excellent writing and editorial
skills and attention to detail are essential, and experience working in a cultural (particularly a visual arts)
environment and knowledge of the visual arts will be considered a significant asset. Ability to prioritize
and effectively manage time will be integral to the role, as the successful applicant will work on multiple
simultaneous projects with tight deadlines.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Jessica Bouchard, Associate Director, at
firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the
posting will remain active until the position is filled.