The Polygon Gallery invites applicants for a part-time position of Event Specialist. Reporting to the Venue Rentals Manager, the Event Specialist will be an important member of the venue rentals team, assisting with both the coordination and execution of internal and external events at the Gallery.
This new position at the Gallery is a 24 hr /per week role that requires flexible hours, physical lifting, and event coordination skills. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of catering or event management.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting site visits with new clients
• Answering email or telephone inquiries from potential clients
• Assisting in the planning for internal and external events
• Communicating with clients, caterers, event planners and vendors in a professional
manner on behalf of the program
• Maintaining and updating the contact data base
• Generating monthly reports, final invoices, and entering event details info into ReServe
• Updating all digital and traditional calendars with events
• Updating third party venue listing, award nominations, and marketing materials
• Generating quarterly invoices for commissions
• Other administrative tasks as required
Event Execution Duties
• Protecting the facility and ensuring the safety of event guests by ensuring all Polygon Gallery event guidelines and policies are followed
• Setting up & striking all event spaces with appropriate furniture according to floorplans provided
• Preparation, including light cleaning, of event spaces prior to event
• Ensuring client expectations are met or exceeded and assisting them when possible during the event execution
• Filling out the appropriate information in the Event Log following each event and following the Event Checklist as provided by the Venue Rentals Manager
Excellent writing skills and attention to detail are essential. Experience working in a cultural environment and knowledge of the visual arts will be considered an asset, but is not required. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time will be integral to the role, as the successful applicant will work on multiple events simultaneously.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Faye Bednarczyk, Venue Rentals Manager.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Remuneration: $32,000 per year for this part time position of 24 hours a week.